Well, here it goes… my first iPhone hello world toturial.
I am a newby to most of this stuff so I might not be able to explain it all with the best way… but I’ll give it a try. You can download the source code as well… see the attachments.
Some info before we begin:
- This tutorial is made on a mac, I don’t know if iPhone apps can be developed on other machines as well… and I don’t really care. a Mac is the sh*t for me.
- I assume that you have XCode 3.1.2 (or later) installed on your machine
- I assume that you have the iPhone 2.2.1 SDK installed on your machine (XCode)
In the effort of making an simple "family file host" for sharing photos and files to each other I made a little script called "safePlace", and the alpha 1 is almost finished.
Currently is reads the news, files and users from the DB using XML generated page and JQuery. I am now working on the implementation of the authentisation.
SafePlace will be downloadable for public when the authentication is finished and the following functions are implemented:
- Invite users
- Upload files
- Write news
Here is a screenshot… teaser!
Currently I am working on my Objective-C knowledge, and trying to learn as much as possible.
When doing this I find that the help there is outthere is quite small.
One of the sites that really helped me with learning objective-C is Cocoa Dev Central (http://cocoadevcentral.com/ )
This is what I got so far, completed my first 3 milestones:
- Get an application action working.
- Making the textField float above the keyboard so the keyboard doesn’t obscure the textField.
- Getting an "Emtpy textfield" cross in the textField.
Some screenshots are attached!
I am selling an new HP IPAQ 214 Enterprise Handheld.
Perfect condition, never used.
This one is now sold.
I am working on an litle photo album script and while working on it I found that there are a lot of image manipulation script, but non that are very clever or clear.
So I decided to write my own (which I thought was clear enough for me and fitted my purpouses). Here it is, free of use.
The settings in settings.php are the following:
* Path settings
define("web_root", document_root . "web/");
* Image and thumb settings
Let me know what you think!